Tuesday, July 1, 2008

MARZIPAN BABIES

Crafted babies with a sweet paste taste?Are these really made with Marzipan?No - they're made with silicone - Camille Allen's Artist Dolls And Sculptures
NB: tune in to the Montel Williams show on Oct 21,where Camille's dolls will be featured!
These babies are made with marzipan silicone. While some of the faces may look “crafted” rather than “real”, every detail is amazing, and the rest look VERY real.
Definition of Marzipan: “almond paste: a sweet paste made of ground almonds and sugar, often with egg whites or yolks, used as a layer in cakes or molded into ornamental shapes.”
Egg Babies - Shell Babies
About the Artist
You have probably noticed I love babies...
Babies are beautiful and full of life... I cannot think of a more deserving subject for sculpture. I have been making lifesize collectable artist dolls and sculpting miniature babies for about 5 years now. I love sculpting, and I am so thankful to Clara Allen, my husband's grandmother, for introducing me to this art form.
Starting from detailed photographs and a lump of clay, sculpting a lifesize or miniature baby begins. It takes many, many hours of patient concentration to form a realistic baby and finish with fine details - including wrinkles and fingernails.
I hope you enjoy your visit,